Let's Keep It Real - Washi Tape Fail

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

So remember a few weeks ago I posted about the Washi Tape Light Plate Cover?? I'll let you click over and refresh your memory....

Turns out - that was a big DIY FAIL!!!! Let's all do the Failure Dance now - I failed today, I failed today, yeah yeah yeah!

I did this project while Tom was at work/school, so when he saw the blog post and came home and saw it in person....he basically told me that he hated it...sad face. To be honest, I wasn't totally in love with it either.

I decided to live with it for a little while to see if Tom would grow to at least 'like' it. Not happening...

Also, since I had to wrap the tape around into the hole in the cover, the extra thickness of the tape caused the button to 'stick' every time we turned the light on. And after a week or so, the tape started peeling off the plate.

So I chalked this project up to a big DIY Fail and ripped it all off.  I have seen other Washi switch cover projects turn out really well, but I wanted to let you all know that it just did not work for my type of switch cover. Gotta keep it real!

Here are some much better looking Washi tape projects:

You Might Also Like


Etsy Shop